[Users] More on the current message and folder coloration -- SOLVED

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 13:56:12 UTC 2022

Hey there,

mi wrote:

>By the way, i've also adapted the slider to my 'selected' color (and
>to make it simple, disabled the image gradient since i can't really
>recognize it anyway)
>
>@define-color selected_bg_color #a0ff00;
>
>scrollbar slider {
>		background-image: none;
>}
>
>scrollbar slider:hover {
>		background-color: @selected_bg_color;
>}

Thanks. I had discovered the slider, too, and have also configured it
to be wider and not have a margin (by adjusting the scrollbar margin
and the scrollbar slider min-width), which reminds me of the good old
days when it wasn't hard to grab onto that slider. Also, here are the
new selectors I've discovered to make Claws Mail look even better in
case you'd like to play around with any of them:

.gtkstyle-fallback { /* affects left and top right pane in Claws Mail
- overrides alternating colors if enabled in Clawsker */ }

label:backdrop { /* affects labels when their window is inactive */ }

menubar { /* affects the menubar */ }

notebook > header { /* affects the element that tabs are on when the
window has focus */ }

notebook > header.top > tabs > tab { /* affects tabs */ }

notebook > header.top > tabs > tab:hover { /* affects tabs when you
hover over them */ }

paned { /* affects panes - affects the area between the column
headers and the right bottom pane in Claws Mail */ }

scrollbar { /* affects scrollbars */ }

scrollbar slider { /* affects the scrollbar slider */ }

scrollbar slider:hover { /* affects the scrollbar slider when
hovering over it and while active */ }

scrollbar trough { /* affects the scrollbar trough */ }

scrolledwindow overshoot.bottom { /* affects the bottom of a scrolled
window as a warning that you've reached the bottom */ }

scrolledwindow overshoot.top { /* affects the top of a scrolled
window as a warning that you've reached the top */ }

Note that I'm kind of liking the overshoot.bottom and overshoot.top
ones for scrolled windows because I have a lot of folders and a lot
of messages in many of them, so I can sometimes be mindlessly
scrolling and not realize I've reached the top or bottom. A little
reminder can't hurt to save a bit of wear and tear on the mouse.

Interestingly, though, in any pane in which the contents are
shorter than the pane, instead of being visible only when you're
scrolling and reaching the bottom, the overshoot.bottom color will be
visible at all times. The work-around for that is to choose the same
color as the background of that pane. The inherit property won't work
for that selector either. It seems to require that you specify a
color.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.