[Users] Views keep getting changed on exit ?

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 23:35:24 UTC 2022

On Fri, 12 Aug 2022 15:56:48 -0400
Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Peter Richards wrote:
>
> >Thanks. Whilst I only searched briefly, there was one package at
> >https://packages.ubuntu.com/source/bionic/gtk3-nocsd . It is
> >installed. I have no idea what it does or how it impacts other apps
> >on Ubuntu.
>
> After installing the gtk3-ncsd package yesterday, I had to adjust the
> height of the divider between the two right panes again today, so
> that's not a fix after all - at least not on my system. Claws Mail
> still needs occasional intervention on that divider.

DM: Hi, LG. I was going to ask whether anyone had gotten this solution
working on an Ubuntu-based system. I put a bit of time into a basic /
simple / easy attempt(1) at it with CM 4.1.0 on Linux Mint
(Ubuntu-based) 20.3 XFCE, but wasn't successful. I think Paul's comment
about needing to install *and configure* it is probably key, and
there's a good chance my lack of success is due to user error or just
needing to figure out how to tweak the configuration instructions for
my system. So I'll probably just need to give some more to
troubleshooting this and learning more about these things.

DM: (1) Installing gtk3-ncsd package, creating ~/.xsessionrc file and
copy/pasting the code from the instructions into it as well as
adjusting the path to the relevant file.

DM: It would be interesting to know what your system is and whether you
only installed the package, or whether you also attempted to configure
it in some way. In any case, thanks for your update on this. Cheers,
---Dustin