[Users] Views keep getting changed on exit ?

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 10:57:30 UTC 2022

On Tue, 9 Aug 2022 09:03:36 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2022 14:55:01 +0600
> Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > When I use Claws I prefer that when the message
> > view is open I am still able to see about six items in the message
> > list view (summary view?) above it. So I manually resize the
> > message view window / panel accordingly. But this is never
> > 'remembered' by Claws -- when I close it and re-open it, then open
> > the message view, there are only about two items showing in the
> > message list view.
>
> I think we are all agreed that this is what we are talking about.

DM: Good to know. I haven't taken the time to look through the various
bugs filed or archived messages from this list, but I have a vague
memory that this isn't isolated to just the message view panel, but
also had an effect on other UI-type things, perhaps adjusting the size
of the folder list width, column widths, etc. (And as with this, I
don't think you were able to reproduce those on your system.) If that's
true, my guess is that there's just one issue/fix for everything;
however, if you think there's value in doing some testing to see what
types of changes are remembered or not remembered, I could look into
that sometime.

> Whatever adjustment I make is always remembered.

DM: If you get the urge and have the time, I'd be interested in seeing
a list of your system information that includes anything / everything
you think might be remotely relevant to why this is an issue for some
of us and not for others / you. That might be useful for I or someone
else on the list to try to narrow down the cause. Thanks, ---Dustin