[Users] Views keep getting changed on exit ?

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 08:55:01 UTC 2022

On Tue, 9 Aug 2022 06:51:31 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2022 10:36:25 +1000
> Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> > summaryview_height - 304 then 275, then 303, then 368 . The decrease
> > was when I manually changed the height with the mouse.
>
> Like I say, this never happens for me, and it seems to happen to
> others with either kde, gnome and xfce. It seems there must be
> something common in your set-ups that I do not share. Is this a gtk3
> theme issue again?

DM: I guess it could be, but I don't know enough about themes, gtk3,
and other potential variables to know for sure.

> To those experiencing this decreasing size issue, what gtk3 theme are
> you using?

DM: I tried a number of different themes when I was trying to fix
another problem, but finally settled on the one you are using (Greybird
Pro), since once I saw it was still a problem with that, but wasn't on
your system, I figured it might not be theme-related. I'm still using
this theme, so it looks like this problem might not be theme-related
either.

DM: Also, I've been assuming what I'm seeing here is the same as or
similar to what the OP is talking about but just for clarity here's how
I would describe it: When I use Claws I prefer that when the message
view is open I am still able to see about six items in the message list
view (summary view?) above it. So I manually resize the message view
window / panel accordingly. But this is never 'remembered' by Claws --
when I close it and re-open it, then open the message view, there are
only about two items showing in the message list view.

DM: If I remember right, I filed this and a possibly related issue with
the message view as 'bugs' in the tracker, but I think they were
(rightly, I think) closed as 'Invalid' because they were not
reproducible on your system. I wasn't able to find either of these in
the tracker recently when I was searching by bugs I had filed, so
perhaps they were removed or else I was not searching correctly. Again,
these two, along with other issues related to tooltips and color
labels, weren't present in the GTK2 version I had been using.

DM: For reference, I'm running CM v4.1.0 on Linux Mint 20.3 XFCE. I
haven't done any testing with GIT versions to see if they show the same
problem(s). ---Dustin