[Users] Views keep getting changed on exit ?

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Aug 7 22:41:11 UTC 2022

Hi,

I like the "summaryview_height" to be minimal so that the
"messageview_height" shows as many messages as possible.

So, I adjust the "messageview_height" with the mouse, to be more,
which results in the summaryview_height" to be less. However I'm finding
upon an exit and then subsequent entry again into claws-mail, that the
"summaryview_height" has reverted back again. It is greater which makes
the message view less height.

Today ....

summaryview_width=996
summaryview_height=356
main_messagewin_x=256
main_messagewin_y=210
messageview_width=996
messageview_height=157
messageview_visible=1
mainview_x=64
mainview_y=64
mainview_width=996

and I adjusted the "messageview_height" to make it greater. Exited CM,
then entry again and it is now ..

summaryview_width=996
summaryview_height=278
main_messagewin_x=256
main_messagewin_y=210
messageview_width=996
messageview_height=235
messageview_visible=1
mainview_x=64
mainview_y=64
mainview_width=996

in the file 'clawsrc', yet the summary view is more and the message
view is less.

I _think_ this is only since going to Kubuntu 22.04.1 , a fresh
install. The "message_font_gtk2=Noto Sans 10" is very small. I had to
do that to take away the 'Windows 95' look. Yet everything is looking
big and clunky still in Claws. Other apps are fine. Using the Coons
Blue 0.4 theme. yet I don't think it is a font/theme problem.

It is simply that CM isn't keeping the message view height as adjusted.

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Richards

Religion is for those who fear hell. Spirituality is for those who have
been there (Lars Muhl)