[Users] OAuth2 authorization fails

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 11:15:15 UTC 2022

On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 13:00:14 -0700
Geoffrey Leach <geoffleach.gl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 17:34:00 +0000
> Richard <lists-claws at listmail.innovate.net> wrote:
>
> > > Date: Saturday, April 23, 2022 10:16:08 -0700
> > > From: Geoffrey Leach <geoffleach.gl at gmail.com>
> > >
> > > The log says
> > > OAuth2 access token not obtained
> > > OAuth2 refresh token not obtained
> > >
> > > Presumably I have made an error in the OAuth2 registration, but I
> > > have been unable to discover one. Suggestions?
> >
> > Can't tell if this is referring to laptop-a or -b ...
> >
> > As you appear to have different gmail accounts on the two machines
> > you need to make certain that OAuth2 is set up fully for each. ...
>
> This is B. A is fully functional (fingers crossed). Yes, both laptops
> have different users. OAuth2 is fully set up on each box individually,
> and the set up was done on each.

DM: Based on what you've said, this is what I would do. Compare the
details of your setup with A (working) with those of B (not working) to
see where B is different. This includes the settings in Google Cloud
Platform (i.e. related to the OAuth2 FAQ instructions) as well as the
settings in Claws Mail. If you take a methodical approach to this
comparison, I'm guessing you will eventually find the one or more
settings on B that need to be changed in order to get it working. HTH,
---Dustin