[Users] Release / backport for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS focal?

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Sat Apr 30 09:14:12 UTC 2022

On Sat, 30 Apr 2022 11:02:00 +0200
renyhp <renyhp at disroot.org> wrote:

> Is there any plan to support older (but, crucially, LTS) versions of
> Ubuntu, or should I check for Claws Mail updates myself and build it
> manually?

The Claws Mail development has no control over ubuntu's packages, that is a
question you should direct at ubuntu, somehow. All distros are in control of
their own packaging.

I think you should build it yourself. You can install all the dependencies by
running:

sudo apt build-dep claws-mail

Otherwise, if you don't need everything to be built, you can manually install
just the needed packages.

with regards

Paul