[Users] Changing colors in inbox display

mi codejodler at gmx.ch
Mon Apr 25 21:26:54 UTC 2022

Paul,

> Claws Mail 4.x.x use GTK 3 not GTK 2 (see the release notes), you are looking in the wrong place.
> Try ~/.config/gtk-3.0/.

Thx Paul, that was the right thing to do !

I've already looked into gtk.css but couldn't figure out why the various classes (like GtkWindow or just 'wnidow') in there did not work, and was mistaken it wasn't applied.

But now that you mentioned gtk-3 i looked harder and found an entry in the settings.ini file which says,

gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme=1

and i've configured adwaita (or rather, nothing, which then uses the default plain adwaita) and there seems to be a variant named adwaita-dark too; and now that setting 'suddenly' got active and i was left with a dark theme. After changing the value to 0 (and i changedd the theme to 'Clearlooks') i am back to standard bright colors.

As for my problem, solved :D

-----

By the way, can anyone tell the GTK css classes of the claws message list widget, the message view, and the message edit buffer ? I'd like to change the colors a little bit and as i said, can't install a theme configurator.