[Users] Recover mail from a backup --- got it!!!

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Apr 21 22:17:01 UTC 2022

On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 08:36:15 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 15:12:22 +1200
> Rolf Turner <r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>
> > I would be interested to hear from someone knowledgeable (Paul?) how
> > this might be done.
>
> I think the way Dustin suggested is the easiest way. This is the bit
> you didn't do: "1. Create a non-IMAP mailbox.", that means an MH
> mailbox, to create it use
>
> /File/Add mailbox/MH...

Dustin's instructions were:

> * 1. Create a non-IMAP mailbox.

I hadn't a clue how to do that.  Now you've enlightened me in that
regard; thanks.

> * 2. Copy the email you want from the IMAP backup set to a folder in
>   this non-IMAP mailbox.

This is another point where I am completely stuck.  How do I copy the
email that I want?  I can't even find it!!!  It's apparently there,
since it shows up when I implement my kludgy/shaganappi procedure,
but how do I get at it?

> * 4. Copy the email from the non-IMAP mailbox folder into the desired
>   folder in your IMAP account. (This will automatically add it to the
>   emails on your mail server as well.)

Steps 3 and 4 look do-able, even by me! :-)

cheers,

Rolf

--
Honorary Research Fellow