[Users] Another OAuth2 Authorization Error

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Thu Apr 21 17:18:24 UTC 2022

On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 10:11:07 -0700
Geoffrey Leach <geoffleach.gl at gmail.com> wrote:

> After several days of flawless operation, my OAuth2 setup appears to have
> developed a glitch. Every time that Claws attempts to contact gmail for
> either send or receive I get a popup "SL/TLS certificate changed". Two
> options are offered - accept or cancel. Neither selection appears to solve
> the problem.
>
> Any suggestions?

Probably nothing to do with oauth2. You have not stated what "the problem"
is, but if it is just being presented with a new cert every time then this is
a known problem of google with their staggered roll-out of new certs to their
many machines, and is nothing to do with oauth2.

Go to the TLS page of the account prefs and check the box to "Automatically
accept valid TLS certificates" and you won't be asked repeatedly.

with regards

Paul