[Users] Protonmail and Claws

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Wed Apr 13 13:02:04 UTC 2022

On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 12:43:01 -0000 Paul wrote:

>On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 08:22:53 -0400
>Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:
>
>> Been doing this for years the "easy" way:  with separate userids on
>> Linux. However, there are always permission issues when you want to
>> attach/save a document from/to the other userid...
>
>Separate "userids" adds unnecessary complication, in my opinion, and is

Yup; as my use of such for over 15 of my 20 years on SC/CM confirms...  :)
The only simplification was the ability to use default settings.

>unnecessary. Also, you can get around the permission issues by using group
>permissions.

True... considered early on; since forgot why I chose not to...  Maybe it
was to keep early days of msec from daily bitc...  er... reminders about
potential security...  nah...  will stick with "forgot why".

Cheers,
Pierre