[Users] Gmail OAuth2 Authorization Errors

Bernard Moreton bernard.moreton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:47:30 UTC 2022

I hope that the developers can fix the problem with the latest Google fence,
but I get the feeling that Google has a history of changing defences, to make life difficult for what used to be "normal" email usage.
In the meantime, I admire those who are prepared to reset everything every 7 days on each and every account,
but I don't have the time or the patience!

Claws-Mail is more important to my workflow than is Gmail, so I've set up alternative accounts, "just in case".
And I have to say that my chosen alternatives seem to work much faster than Gmail, using the same Claws settings.
I really don't want to change my Google accounts - so many organisations (mis-)treat an email address as a personal ID - but if necessary, I will.

Encouragement to the developers, then!  They do a super job;  and we can't beat Gmail defences without them.
Power to their elbow!

Bernard Moreton

On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 07:54:10 +0100
Rosemary Lockie via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 16:58:38 +0600.
> Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > * 3. I 'won't mention' the one that may seem obvious to some -- run
> >   far, far away from anything Google-related... ;)
>
> ROTFL!  It's almost become a point of honour for me now! Not wanting Google to beat me,
> though I'm hardly David, to their Goliath!
> >
> > DM: Thanks for your input and feedback. I'm really grateful for all the
> > OAuth2-related work that's been done so far, and perhaps there will
> > continue to be incremental improvement in regards to ease of use. Hope
> > you'll be able to figure things out on your end without too much time
> > and energy spent. :) Cheers, ---Dustin
>
> Thanks for yours also, I'm glad I'm not alone. And I too am grateful to the developers
> for their work, and on Claws overall! :-)
>
> Kind Regards,
> Rosemary Lockie

Bernard Moreton