[Users] AddressKeeper Plugin - new addresses are not added to the addressbook.

Wiktor Grębla greblus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 07:47:05 UTC 2022

Hi.

I've just recently switched from Sylpheed to Claws-Mail and first of all I
wanted to thank the devs for this great tool for my daily job :). I've huge
archive of e-mails which are easy to backup and easy to dig through with
extended search - it's definitely a killer-feature of CM!

But one thing I cannot figure out is how to make AddressKeeper plugin to
automatically add new addresses to certain address book file.

It's Windows 10, 64 bit, tested it on both CM 3.19 and 4.10.

Debug output does not say too much, maybe the last line is a bit
suspicious, but it might be unrelated to address_keeper:

address_keeper.c:173:address_keeper invoked!
addressbook.c:5434:matched book name 'addrbook-000004.xml'
addressbook.c:5442:book path matched!
compose.c:5342:called inc_lock (lock count 1)
compose.c:6144:queueing message...
compose.c:6182:queuing to
C:\Users\wiki\AppData\Roaming\Claws-mail\tmp\queue.0000000008cf49b000004725
prefs_account.c:5909:Generated Message-ID string '
20220413093202.00000c64 at semaco.com.pl'
codeconv.c:1594:current locale: pl_PL
compose.c:6620:Adding To-fields
compose.c:6620:Adding Newsgroups-fields
compose.c:6620:Adding Cc-fields
compose.c:6620:Adding Bcc-fields
compose.c:6620:Adding Followup-To-fields
compose.c:6620:Adding Reply-To-fields
undo.c:729:add:undo add 145-1

I thought I'll ask here before filling a bug report. Does it require some
specific conditions to be met?

I've imported my addressbook from Sylpheed, so it's not a big issue at the
moment, but adding each new e-mail address manually is a bit tedious, so
it'd be great to have it working automatically.

Cheers,
W.

--
Talkers are no good doers.