[Users] Crash on Check for New Mail

Roman Brusa r.brusa at gmx.ch
Tue Apr 12 12:17:47 UTC 2022

Hi everyone

As a happy user for many many years, I have the first reproducable
crash today. Everytime I "check for new mail" (don't know the precise
caption, running in german) in a certain account (IMAP), Claws Mail
crashes immediately.

I did follow the procedure on the Debugging Claws page. It all went
well until the gbd command "thread apply all bt", where I didn't get any
output...

I did however see in the prior output of gdb something with tnef and
corrupt file. I did then deactivate the TNEF_parse-plugin, and well, the
crashes are gone.

Funny thing: I did reactivate the plugin, just to see the mentionned
tnef error output, and there are no crashes anymore, even with the
activated plugin.

Thank you,
Roman
--
Nimm dir Zeit nachzudenken, aber wenn die Zeit zum Handeln gekommen
ist, höre auf zu denken und handle! - Andrew Jackson