[Users] Configuring CM on a laptop (SOLVED)

Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Mon Apr 4 10:27:14 UTC 2022

On Sun, 3 Apr 2022 13:45:35 -0400
"Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI" <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:

> I am preparing a laptop to use during a trip away from my desktop box.
>
> I keep all my mail archive on the desktop box, and connect to servers with POP
> I would like to copy to the laptop both my full configuration, and the structure of my mailboxes, but without all the stored mails themselves.
> I know the configuration is stored in ~.claws-mail and ~.config/claws-mail, but is there a way to copy the mailboxes arborescences structure without copying 14Gb of contents ?

Found a solution:

-Copy the contents of the Mail directory to another dir

- cd to that dir

- run the command
	find ./ -type f -exec rm -f {} \;

and you are left with only the directories, all the files removed.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
      The liar at any rate recognizes that recreation, not instruction,
        is the aim of conversation, and is a far more civilised being