[Users] secure email providers

John B yonaton at riseup.net
Sat Apr 2 12:37:36 UTC 2022

  I honestly don't understand how anyone can think using PGP on a linux system
  or even Winblows is 'difficult'.

  I have never been accused of being the intelligent one in my family. Did lower
  than average in school, in trouble all the time, etc. Yet once I found out
  there was an OS *other* than Winblows and started to use Linux, I found PGP
  right away and started to use it. This all began back in 2000, after I'd been
  using Winblows since 3.1 since ~1997.

  There isn't much to learn and the gui for it is simple to use. In my
  experience, it's not that the program is hard to use, it's that people are
  simply getting lazier and lazier and don't *want* to have to 'think'...not even
  a little bit. I saw it constantly back in the late 90's and early 2000's when
  I was repairing Winblows for people in the county I live in. The amount of
  laziness I would find in the people and the simplicity of the problems they
  created and could have fixed in less than 5 minutes on their own, showed me
  just exactly that I was and am correct.

  Other than that, Claws-mail makes it so simple even my 82 year old mom
  (at the time) who could barely turn on her computer, could use it when she
  used e-mail (though I *did* have to explain to her and get her to realize
  that it really *is* and *was* important to understand that her missives
  weren't safe unless she encrypted them).

  I mean, good grief...GPG for Winblows is simplicity for even dolts like me!

  Meh, I guess I've said my 38¢, sorry it was so much more than 2¢, heh heh.

	JB