[Users] Check every folder every time?

Dedeco Balaco dedeco.balaco at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 26 14:34:32 CEST 2021

Em 26/09/2021 03:01, Milan Obuch escreveu:
> On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 21:11:36 -0300, Dedeco Balaco via Users
> <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
>> Em 22/09/2021 02:14, Milan Obuch escreveu:

> [ snip ]
>> Indeed, i could change the "new mail checking" for only a few folders,
>> which are the ones that makes sense for the account in analysis. But
>> there is something i found very counter intuitive: the "apply to
>> subfolders" column. First, I tried to use the first button, which is
>> always checked, and disabled to changes. After several tries, i
>> surprisingly discovered that the other checkboxes below "apply to
>> subfolders" label are freely checked, _independently_ of what is in
>> their same line. I had not noticed that this dialog is a table with
>> several lines and 2 columns.
>>
> Well, sometimes you need some experience to understand the details. And
> yes, 'apply to subfolders' is quite usefull. If you have some folder
> hierarchy maintained only manually, then it has its merit to disable
> mail scanning for the whole hierarchy. But there are other settings
> where this recursive behavior could be considered usefull...

The recursive thing is much useful, for sure. I use folders to keep old
messages in a practical way to access later, when i need do - which
happens with a fair frequency.

>> Now, just one question: for every account i add to Claws, the default
>> behaviour will be to check all folders that exist on the IMAP account?
>> (IMAP may not always be the case, but it is the only one that i care
>> about)
>>
> Yes, default is 'check all folders' unless you either switch to
> 'display and check only subscribed to folders' or disable new mail
> checking for specified folder(s), eventually with its subfolders as
> well.

This is a bit sad, in my opinion. I want to display several folders that
will not be checked for new messages. They are used with a high
frequency. So, i will have to disable everything manually, every time i
configure a new account in Claws, create a new folder (for me, it is
more common that it will not need the new mail checking) or subscribe to
a folder that was not shown.