[Users] How to compile a plugin with these details?

Dedeco Balaco dedeco.balaco at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 26 02:42:50 CEST 2021

Em 25/09/2021 21:24, Dedeco Balaco via Users escreveu:

> Em 23/09/2021 19:31, Ricardo Mones escreveu:
>> Hi Dedeco,

>>> Really easy! I did not imagine it could be that simple. But there is a
>>> problem: other plugins (I installed one from the Debian repository) use
>>> the folder, and the one i just compiled, with your steps, want to copy
>>> it to a different folder.
>>>
>>> From repository:
>>>
>>> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/claws-mail/plugins/
>>>
>>> Installing from downloaded source, steps above:
>>>
>>> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lib/claws-mail/plugins
>>>
>>> See the difference?
>>>
>>> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/claws-mail/plugins/
>>> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lib/claws-mail/plugins
>>>
>>> There is an extra "lib" folder in the second path. I used
>>>
>>> $ ./configure --prefix=/usr
>>>
>>> to obtain that result.
>>>
>>> In another try, I did:
>>>
>>> $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
>> This prefix is wrong. If you want to build plugins like the Debian
>> packages do, just use the same dir-related flags for configuring:
>>
>> https://salsa.debian.org/claws-mail-team/claws-mail/-/blob/master/debian/rules#L20
>
> Mmm... i am not so familiar with some things. Are you saying that i
> should manually pass, to source configure script, all the folder
> options seen from lines 20 to 28 in the link above? If you see images
> in this message, the lines i say are:

If my guess is the right path, what should i do for the two lines that
contain "$( xxx )" ? I tried to test them in the shell, both gives an error:

$� LANG=C;� echo $(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)

bash: DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH: command not found

$� LANG=C;�� echo $(MANUAL)

bash: MANUAL: command not found

$

For these, I assume they will not work if i use them inside values for
configure arguments.