[Users] Fixing my issues with plugin/config?

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Thu Sep 16 20:24:18 CEST 2021

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 18:08:53 -0000, Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk>
wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:56:41 -0400
> Charles Lane <lane at duphy4.physics.drexel.edu> wrote:
>
> > That is: clicking "reply" on a message where I replied
> > to someone, with the result that the reply only goes to me,
> > when what I intended was a "follow up#2" reply.
> > (changing every "reply" to "reply all" has its own problems...)
> >
> > So a plugin like "did you really only want to send a message
> > just to yourself?" would be really appreciated. Ideas?
>
> If you reply to one of your own messages in the Sent folder, the To
> address is the original recipient and not yourself.
>
> How do you manage to reply to yourself? What is the scenario?
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

Maybe OP, just like I do, has mails filtered in folders according some
criteria, and wants his replies kept along the original mails. Then
this could happen... (not for mails from this maling list, but tested
on other mail).

For this purpose, I created simple script 'followup' for my Lua plugin
(I think similar could be created for Python plugin, I am just not able
to build and use it anymore). It is bound to a button in main window's
toolbar.

It is not exactly what OP requested, as I knowingly use this script to
produce desired mail's initial content and headers, but it is possible
to create another script checking for own address when hitting 'Reply'
button.

Regards,
Milan