[Users] Lousy fonts when printing

Charles Lane lane at duphy4.physics.drexel.edu
Thu Sep 2 14:36:06 UTC 2021

On Thu, 2 Sep 2021 07:15:01 -0700
sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Sep 2021 09:04:15 -0000
> Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 1 Sep 2021 17:03:55 -0700
> >sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:
> >
> >> It's a "CM thing"
> >
> >TO be fair, Claws Mail uses GTK+'s print mechanism, so maybe it's
> >more like a GTK+ thing.
>
> It only happens when printing from CM (I print very few emails
> from CM).
>
> Is there something in GTK+ where I can set and control the fonts used
> for printing?

I was also dissatisfied with the "plain-text email printing", so created
an "action" (with a 'print' button) that put the email file through a
perl script to pull the text out of any mime-encoding, then pipe the
text to muttprint.

Yeah, far more elaborate than needed, but at some point the frustration
in trying to coerce existing software to do what you want just motivates
one to "roll your own".

--
 Drexel University    \V               --Chuck Lane
                     lane at duphy4.physics.drexel.edu