[Users] Infinite loop problem!

Charles Lane lane at duphy4.physics.drexel.edu
Fri Oct 22 16:48:50 CEST 2021

On Fri, 22 Oct 2021 14:36:51 +0100
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2021-10-21 at 21:42 +0200, Michael Rasmussen via Users wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Oct 2021 15:27:22 -0400
> > Charles Lane <lane at duphy4.physics.drexel.edu> wrote:
> >

> > > Just thought this would be of interest to the claws
> > > community.
> >
> > I guess this will be of more interest to the Fedora community ;-)
>
> Yes, however note that Fedora 33 goes EOL in just over a month, a
> month after the final release of Fedora 35.
>
> This may not be a problem in the newer distros, as Fedora 34 has
>  pango-1.48.10 and Fedora 35 pango-1.49.1
>
> It's fun staying up to date with Fedora, and has been since 2003 :-/.

In researching this problem, I noticed that yes, Fedora 34 has the
fix *now*, but it didn't previously.

Other people, using other distros, may not have quite the same
software updates. For example, Centos8 (which I have on some
other computers) still has the older pango release.

The point being: if you have a mysterious "this one email makes
claws-mail loop until killed", you might want to update pango and
see if that fixes the problem.

(I'm tempted to put a copy of the 'pango-looper' line in this
reply, but will refrain)
--
 Drexel University    \V               --Chuck Lane
                     lane at duphy4.physics.drexel.edu