[Users] [resolved] convenient features - sent messages and general search

Luca Sighinolfi lsighinolfi at autistici.org
Mon Nov 22 12:02:25 CET 2021

Hello Paul,

thank you very much for your fast reply.

On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 10:26:20 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 11:14:41 +0100
> Luca Sighinolfi via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
> > 1. Sent message in the same folder
> > Since I use a lot of different folders, is there any way to save the
> > sent message(s) directly in the same folder where the original
> > message was?
>
> Yes. Use the folder Properties. On the 'Compose' tab is the option
> 'Save copy of outgoing messages to this folder instead of Sent'.

Excellent, exactly what I need!
I did it on the parent folder and I flagged the "apply to sub-folder"
checkbox.

> > 2. The search capability of claws-mail is fantastic, in my opinion.
> > Is there a way to search on all the folders and sub-folders?
>
> Yes, use the Quick Search option 'recursive' and search from the
> top-level mailbox folder.
>
> To activate Quick Search either use '/Edit/Quick Search' or click the
> button between the message list and the message view with the
> magnifying glass on it.
>
> Click the drop-down, click the 'Recursive' menu item and the 'Sticky'
> menu item, then do the search. The search could be, for example,
> searching the From headers for Lights at LightCompany.com.
>
> Whatever folder you have selected when performing this 'Recursive'
> search, all its sub-folders will also be searched, (so you could do
> it on the top-level mailbox folder to search your whole mailbox, for
> example).
>
> All sub-folders which contains matching messages will have their
> folder icon (in the folder list) changed to a magnifying glass icon.
>
> (The exact icon you see depends on the icon set you are currently
> using, of course.)

And thanks for this explanation; this resolves my issue.
I never noticed the "recursive" option...

Very helpful!
Thank you!

> with regards
>
> Paul