[Users] IMAP clean up

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Sat Nov 13 16:00:16 CET 2021

On Sat, 13 Nov 2021 08:29:03 -0600
"c. marlow" <chris at CWM030.com> wrote:

> I don't understand... I am a first time Claws user.
>
> I forgot to tell you that I have all of my emails broken up in folders
> by month.

To activate Quick Search either use '/Edit/Quick Search' or click the button
between the message list and the message view with the magnifying glass on it.

Click the drop-down, click the 'Recursive' menu item and the 'Sticky' menu
item, then do the search. The search could be, for example, searching the From
headers for Lights at LightCompany.com.

Whatever folder you have selected when performing this 'Recursive' search,
all its sub-folders will also be searched, (so you could do it on the
top-level mailbox folder to search your whole mailbox, for example).

All sub-folders which contains matching messages will have their folder icon
(in the folder list) changed to a magnifying glass icon.

(The exact icon you see depends on the icon set you are currently using, of
course.)

HTH

with regards

Paul