[Users] E-mail client for Android

Cristian Secară liste at secarica.ro
Sun May 30 23:40:02 CEST 2021

În data de Sat, 29 May 2021 17:55:54 -0700, John Jason Jordan a scris:

> [...] There are numerous clients for Android, but I can't find one
> that will leave the mail on the server so I can later download it
> with Claws Mail on my computer.
>
> Suggestions?

I'm using Profimail Go [1], a very powerful client for "standard" accounts – i.e. AFAIK it does not work with OAuth policies. It comes from Symbian / Windows Mobile era, now it is freeware (it was paid version until few years ago), unfortunately currently it is only marginally supported [2]. I suspect they don't want or have time to further develop it for Google-type accounts, which is often a feature request from modern users (on the other hand, currently they focus on X-plore file manager application).

Source code is (or was) available only for Symbian / Windows Mobile version (I was able to recompile it for WM), but not for the Android version, which for Android was completely rewritten in terms of UI. It has also filtering options (called "Rules" according to online manual), but I never played with this.

Not sure here what account type you need, but I checked now with a test POP account and the message is not deleted from server (the program has no option to delete message from server in POP mode, it just get a copy of messages on server and that's it).

Depending on the personal taste, it may have a drawback: the overall UI "feel" it is somewhat more PC-like than mobile-like.

Cristi

[1] https://www.lonelycatgames.com/apps/profimail
[2] Quote from their web site: "ProfiMail Go is freeware. Use it as you wish. Unfortunately we provide just minimal support, and don’t further develop this app."

--
Cristian Secară
https://www.secarica.ro