[Users] E-mail client for Android

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun May 30 10:37:02 CEST 2021

On Sun, 30 May 2021 10:28:40 +0200
Slavko <linux at slavino.sk> wrote:

> Ahoj,
>
> Dňa Sun, 30 May 2021 12:06:53 +1000 Peter Richards
> <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> napísal:
>
> > We were looking for an email client for Android and it appeared that
> > K-9 was no longer developed/supported, so we didn't go for it
> > for that reason. Eventually simply used the Samsung email client
> > that came with the tablet (Samsung/android OS).
>
> I am not sure from where you have this info. When you take look at
> https://github.com/k9mail/k-9/commits/main you can see, that latest
> commit is from yesterday and this doesn't sound as dead project for
> me.

If you go to https://clean.email/best-email-apps-for-android , the
section on K-9 states "Unfortunately, it seems that K-9 Mail is no
longer in active development because the last update was released in
September 2018. Because of this, many users running the latest version
of the Android operating system have reported problems with email
synchronization, notifications, and authentication. Unless you have an
older smartphone, you should probably look for a newer Android email
app."

Cheers,

Peter

--
Peter Richards

  The peak of ignorance is not knowing the Power/God/Source