[Users] E-mail client for Android (Solved)

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sun May 30 04:23:45 CEST 2021

On Sun, 30 May 2021 12:06:53 +1000
Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> dijo:

>On Sun, 30 May 2021 10:52:02 +0900
>mett <mett at pmars.jp> wrote:
>
>> Using k-9 here and happy.
>> You can get it from F-droid.
>>
>> Also, you can use the imap protocol
>> on your phone  so mails won't be
>> downloaded.
>
>We were looking for an email client for Android and it appeared that
>K-9 was no longer developed/supported, so we didn't go for it
>for that reason. Eventually simply used the Samsung email client that
>came with the tablet (Samsung/android OS).
>
>It works okay and we leave the emails on the server, no problems.
>However it does something weird with replies to the tablet and when
>viewed in Claws, no reply flags shown,

Eventually I went with Samsung Mail also. I wanted an open source app,
but Samsung Mail seems OK. It has a clear 'delete from server' option
that you can set to Never. I haven't sent any replies from it yet.

>Other clients we are looking at - Protonmail, Outlook, but they require
>an a/c which is not what we want. I think one other was Aqua mail,
>haven't tested it yet, and one other client from Blackberry.

I had Aqua Mail on my old phone and it worked fine. It's still in the
Play Store so I installed it on the new phone, but the new version
doesn't have a 'leave on the server' option, or at least I couldn't
find it.

My problem is solved. Thanks to all for the comments.