[Users] Support for 'Exchange ActiveSync' Protocol

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue May 18 04:47:57 CEST 2021

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 10:25:03 -0400
Charles Lane <lane at duphy4.physics.drexel.edu> wrote:

> I'm also in a situation with a University employer
> that decided to go the "have Microsoft run the
> mail" (and worse, from my perspective, turned
> off auto-forwarding...I can manually forward
> emails one at a time, but it's a pain).
>
> Having claws-mail be able to access the Microsoft
> OAUTH2 services would be good, but frankly, just
> having the "getmail" program be able to grab
> email from Microsoft and put it on my own personal
> IMAP would be even better. I think that "fetchmail"
> is adding that capability in a coming release.

It looks like I have been hit with the same problem. I can't even
confirm exactly what the Uni has changed to. "Office 365 Mail" is all I
know.
I'm not sure of the IT competence. They told me that they turned off
IMAP support "ages ago" when truly it worked seamlessly.

I would be quite happy to run with a fetchmail solution on my server if
anyone has more details.

Liz