[Users] Using plugins through TOR

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Sat May 8 18:05:17 CEST 2021

Hi Jeremy

On Sat, May 08, 2021 at 11:37:28AM +0100, Jeremy via Users wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Enjoying my time with claws mail more these days as I have begun to
> realise the plethora of features it offers! Thanks for making such a
> complete product.

You're welcome! ^_^

> One of my favourite features is the ability to proxy requests for
> individual accounts through TOR; I have some that I prefer to access
> through the anonymity network and others through the clearnet.
>
> Unfortunately, I have run into a hitch: I cannot work out how to
> proxy the *plugins* . How can I ensure that the RSS reader is proxied,
> for example?

AFAIK almost all plugins use the curl library to access the network,
RSSyl is one of them at least. Check the environment section of curl
manpage [1] to see which variables are needed for the proxy you want.

regards,

[1] https://manpages.debian.org/buster/curl/curl.1.en.html
--
  Ricardo Mones