[Users] Quick search

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Fri Mar 26 01:15:56 CET 2021

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 16:03:27 -0000 Paul wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 09:11:16 -0400
>Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:
>
>> I would expect that regardless of how I get a folder highlighted in the
>> folder list that such folder would display its contents (bonus for
>> automatically applying the still active quick-search).
>
>So you want a user who uses keyboard navigation in the folder list, who is
>using a quick search on Folder A and wants to run that same quick search on
>Folder F to open each of those folders, B through to E, run their processing
>rules, mark all their New messages as Read, run the quick search on each
>of them, to eventually reach and run the quick search in Folder F?

>> New messages as Read

>I meant, of course, '...New messages as Unread' i.e. remove the New flag
>from each New email.

Almost...  with QS active, moving thru folders B..E would display only
matching messages. Only matched messages should be processed (New to
Unread); and any unmatched messages should be ignored as if they weren't
in the folder -- because they are not visible/seen by the user.

I'm interpreting Unread as "the message was visible in the message list;
but not read".  Changing messages that are not visible in the list due to
QS to Unread implies they were visible/seen which is not the case.

Cheers,
Pierre