[Users] Compatibility with Microsoft's Exchange ActiveSync Protocol?

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 00:26:43 CET 2021

Does anyone know if the latest stable release of Claws or latest
development versions of the GTK2 or GTK3 branches has built-in support
for Microsoft's Exchange ActiveSync protocol for sending and receiving
emails?

(I'm running Claws 3.17.8 on Linux Mint 20 XFCE.)

If Claws doesn't have built-in support for this, does anyone know of
one or more plugins, tools, third-party apps, or similar solutions that
could be used in conjunction with Claws to provide this support? (I've
seen some pretty old comments online mentioning davmail, SyncEvolution,
and automx, but not sure yet whether these are viable options and/or if
there are better options.)

I have some email accounts that are hosted on Microsoft's servers and
I've been informed that POP and IMAP support will be discontinued for
these this coming April, with only Exchange ActiveSync being supported.
I'm hoping I can find a way to still use Claws for these accounts,
since the only other option I'm aware of is the webmail interface,
which is less than ideal.

Thanks in advance for any possible solutions or ideas of where to
direct my research efforts.

Dustin