[Users] Displaying pictures and graphics in emails

H.Merijn Brand linux at tux.freedom.nl
Tue Mar 9 17:25:08 CET 2021

On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 08:14:16 -0800, sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:

> 1. Please keep this to the mailing list and no private emails
> 2. You also need to install Dillo itself. The plugin is just and
>    interface for CM to talk to Dillo
>
> I use Dillo but many other people prefer LiteHTML

I left LiteHTML for Fancy under GTK3 as Fancy is *a lot* faster than
LiteHTML. I also tried Dillo, but Fancy fits my needs best.

In basic I hate every form of HTML mail as it seldom adds value over
plain text, so I see every mail in plain text first, but many people in
the world today have been forced into the use of braindead mail clients
and web interfaces that default to HTML or worse HTML-only e-email, so
I need a way to view them.

Of course I have a one-key-combo to convert HTML shit into plain text,
but that should not be automated, as some HTML actually adds value
(though that would be the great minority of the mail I get)

So, I rather spend time in converting to plain text that has all the
required information and can easily be searched in archives than I
spend in viewing it as HTML.

--
H.Merijn Brand  https://tux.nl   Perl Monger   http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using perl5.00307 .. 5.33        porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and Linux