[Users] Displaying pictures and graphics in emails

Bob Williams usenet at karmasailing.uk
Mon Mar 8 23:03:07 CET 2021

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 16:29:21 -0500
Bob Balsie wrote:

> I just installed Claws Mail on my computer and got it set up to send
> and receive emails from my ISP's servers. I get quite a few emails
> that contain embedded pictures and graphics. These are not
> attachments; they are part of the message body. When I open one of
> these in Claws Mail, the pictures and graphics do not appear; there
> is only empty space where they should be. I looked through all of the
> settings but did not see any way to get these items to be displayed.
> Is there a way to make them visible?

Are the emails from Apple Mac users? I believe Apple Mail inserts
attachments inline, rather than attaching them to the message. As this
behaviour is not standards compliant, email clients that follow
standards may have difficulty with them.

Bob
--
Bob Williams
   System:  Linux 5.3.18-lp152.50-default