[Users] Getting the "Fancy" plugin.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Mar 7 23:54:22 CET 2021

A few days ago I sent a message to this list (or so I thought; I think
I somehow messed up the address) about getting the "Fancy" plugin.  I
have had no response to my message, so I am assuming that it did not go
through.  (If it actually *did* got through, and people are just
ignoring my enquiry as not being worthy of a response, then I apologise
for the redundancy of the current message.)  Anyhow, my enquiry was as
follows:

I keep seeing stuff on this list concerning the "Fancy" plugin for
claws-mail.  I gather that this allows one to view html mail.  I
currently use the "Dillo" plugin for this, and find it a bit kludgy, to
say the least.  So I would like to try "Fancy".  I hope that I am not
misunderstanding the concepts involved here.

Anyway ... when I go to Configuration -> Plugins -> Load, I see no sign
of the "Fancy" plugin.  I.e. there is no "fancy.so" in the list. In the
claws-mail manual it says:

> If you don't find the plugin you're looking for, it is possible that
> your Operating System distribution provides it in a separate
> package. In this case, search for the plugin in your package
> manager.

I've web-searched a bit for a Ubuntu package for the Fancy plugin, but
what I found seemed to be confusing or not useful.

Can anyone give me a recipe for getting the Fancy plugin?  I am using
claws-mail version 3.17.7, under Ubuntu 20.04.2.

Thanks.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--