[Users] Parsing mails imported from some archive done wrong

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Sun Mar 7 14:02:32 CET 2021

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 12:37:26 -0000, Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk>
wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 13:21:21 +0100
> Milan Obuch <claws-mail-users at dino.sk> wrote:
>
> > How? No menu item 'Discard folder cache' here.
>
> I should have said, right-click the folder, choose Properties, and
> click the 'discard folder cache' button on the General page.

Ah, thanks, I could use it sometimes... usefull when I know I need it.
OK, I tried, but no change.

I expected this does not change anything because file in imap cache has
no lines added as could be the result of some processing, but nothing
like this occurs here.

As I am writing this, I just found the cause for this issue. Or, in
other words, I found how I can make it the way I expected.

Problem looks like parser (at least in my local instance) does not like
mails with lines ending with both CR LF. Editing CR away is all needed
to get Claws' summary line displayed the expected way. Message file
sent as an example has CR LF as line terminators, but when I saved this
attachment locall into new file, CRs went away. That explains for me
why you encountered no issue.

Whether having CRs in line endings is OK or not is not important for
me, now. It would be nice if Claws' parser could handle this
gracefully, but it is no big issue if it does not.

Regards,
Milan