[Users] Sorting by domain name?

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Thu Jun 24 16:20:02 CEST 2021

On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 07:02:42 -0700
sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 07:59:09 -0000
> Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >No, it's not. See /View/Sort for all possible sort methods.
>
> I've already checked for that.
>
> >You could add this as an 'enhancement' request on the bug tracker.
> >No-one, iirc, has ever asked about such a feature before. I guess
> >you are talking about the From header rather than the To header or
> >any other header containing an address?
>
> Yes, I'm talking about the From address.
>
> I've got a dozen people from the same company sending me emails.
> Right now when I want to figure out what they said, I have to move
> them to a separate folder.

If you don't want to move the messages to a separate folder, you could
use a tag to identify them and use a filter on arrival to apply the tag.

> Normally, you'd think that they would keep the same subject or reply
> to the previous email then the messages would be threaded but nooo...
> There's always somebody who will start a brand new message would
> referring to the previous.

Almost as bad as those companies whose systems won't let them see the
text of an email. Only what their system has decreed is content in an
acceptable place.