[Users] How to handle broken PGP mail header?

Martin Drescher drescher at snafu.de
Fri Jun 18 17:24:27 CEST 2021

Hi folks,

I have a problem reading PGP mail. Claws shows for most new PGP mail a text like "[encrypted.asc  application/octet-stream (xxx bytes)]".
As I understand, Claws is doing this because, some part of the MIME header is not like it should be, or in other words, it is broken. At least, some people in the Internet say so.
A header like

> [...]
> -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----"

works well.
A header like

> -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
> [...]

does not work. However, these PGP messages show up in Thunderbird just like expected.
Am I missing some thing and how to get around this issue?

Thanks,  Martin