[Users] claws crashing a lot

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Jul 28 13:25:30 CEST 2021

On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 20:59:26 -0700, briand pounceofcats com wrote:

> hilariously, the first time i ran 4.0 it crashed.
>
> then, i've run it _several_ times in debug mode under gdb and it hasn't crashed once...
>
> *sigh*

Usage patterns vary a lot among users of Claws Mail. Different desktop
environments, different themes, different features being used.

For some time I'm using Claws Mail 4.0.0, and the only thing that crashed
was the Dillo plugin, which strictly requires X11/Xorg and doesn't like
Wayland. I've replaced it with Fancy.

# Gtk-WARNING **: xx:xx:xx.xxx: GtkSocket: only works under X11
# Gdk-WARNING **: xx:xx:xx.xxx: gdkwindow-x11.c:5653 drawable is not a native X11 window
# Segmentation fault (core dumped)