[Users] Using Google Client ID with claws

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Sun Jul 18 02:57:27 CEST 2021

On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 08:40:02 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 01:37:59 -0700
> "lists at lazygranch.com" <lists at lazygranch.com> wrote:
>
> > My google fu can't find any advice on how to set up CLIENT ID with
> > claws. There is advice on how to disable the feature but not how to
> > use it. In the account setup there is a means to request a CLIENT
> > ID but the link doesn't work.
>
> You are talking about oauth2?
>
> There is some info and a link here:
> https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Oauth2
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

Well I don't see the pencil icon per the (ahem) instructions for gmail.
I think I will sit this out until a guide is written for the less
skilled, AKA me.;-)

I would like to learn CLIENT ID in general. I have seen it mentioned on
the Dovecot list. I run my own email server so the claws automatic
feature isn't what I really want. My goal was to just get any client ID
running and then observe the operation. Thunderbird supposedly is
CLIENT ID ready. I haven't run Tbird in years but will give it a shot
just for Gmail.

I've got some software running at the moment that I rather not break
(potentially) with the 15.3 upgrade but will comment on Fancy when I do
the upgrade.