[Users] Saving Messages Outside of Claws Mail

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 14:37:51 CEST 2021

I'm looking for an efficient way to save email messages outside of
Claws Mail that will be readable by a text editor or web browser
without a lot of extra noise (i.e. headers, HTML tags, etc.).

Thus far, the best solution I have found is to view the message part
that has the basic header info (From, To, Subject, Date, etc.) and the
message body, and then select its contents, copy, and paste into a new
text file I've created for it. This works, but isn't very efficient.

I thought maybe the 'Mail Archiver' plugin would do what I want, but
it's not currently loadable, so I'm guessing I was missing one or more
dependencies during the build. Does anyone know if this plugin has a
chance of doing something like I want it to? If so, do you know offhand
what dependencies it has?

Is there another solution anyone knows of for this that you think would
be better/best?

The basic idea of what I'm aiming for is to 'convert' a lot of emails
from a status of being Claws Mail messages to a status of being
'regular' files on my computer that can be opened for easy reference
without needing an email client to open them.

(As an example, I used a Thunderbird plugin that did batch exporting to
various formats and automatically saved them with a filename that
included the date at the beginning so that the files would be sortable
just select a bunch of them, choose the file format, and point the tool
to the folder I wanted them in, and then move on to the next batch.)

Thanks,
Dustin