[Users] Action to integrate Claws with Taskwarrior

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Wed Jul 14 10:18:14 CEST 2021

On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 18:06:32 +0200
Milan Obuch <claws-mail-users at dino.sk> wrote:

> you presented an interesting problem, I was just in the right mood to
> try to help :)

Good timing, then. ;)

> Well, Lua is interesting language, but it is a bit different. You need
> to try think a bit different to fully appreciate it. In my experience,
> it has its usage and for some task it is very efficient.

Today I read a post about Neovim-0.5 release so my appetite for Lua just got
bigger!

> Basically one simple script for extracting desired data from mail and
> create a task similar to your script invoked as action. My view is
> surely a bit biased, but I think it is even a bit simpler than shell
> script used as action.

Thanks. I'll definetely start playing with Lua hoping to use it with Claws &
Neovim...just have to clear some higher-priority tasks first!

> Ask the project team :) Also, if there is some small community of
> users of this plugin, chances are bigger. For now, I don't know
> anybody, I just received some help from Torsten, who made installer
> for Windows (big thanks, that's really usefull as well).

Cool!

> Unfortunatelly, it is locked somehow. It used to be public. Maybe you
> need to subscribe to devel mailing list and then you can access
> archives, I did not try.

Yeah, but not sure what I'd do there. :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person is said to be elevated in yoga when, having renounced
all material desires, he neither acts for sense gratification