[Users] Reply at top not bottom

Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Sat Jul 10 23:35:02 CEST 2021

On Sat, 10 Jul 2021 23:25:37 +0200
mi <codejodler at gmx.ch> wrote:

> > But consider this:
> > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> > A: Top-posting.
> > Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
>
> I understand your argument, completely, and i'm not on one specific side. But you may consider this: With some (and for some people it's many) conversations, especially non-technical, you like to read just only the last statement, not the whole story.

Which is why the polite thing to do is to both bottom-post, AND trim the message you reply to, thus sparing the reader from having to go (again) through the whole story...

Cheers,

Ron.
--
    Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong.
            I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun