[Users] How does the "master passphrase" config option work?

Bob Williams usenet at karmasailing.uk
Sat Jan 30 10:43:18 UTC 2021

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 11:27:47 +0100
Phil wrote:

> Hi everyone, 1st message here, I really like Claws mail, it's a
> refreshing change from TBird, thank you *very much* to everyone making
> it, it works really good for me.
>
> I'm wondering how the "master passphrase" config option works : I
> checked it in the preferences dialog under other/miscellaneous some
> days ago, but nothing changed : Claws still asks for each password,
> two (IMAP / SMTP) for each account, which can be quite time-consuming,
> especially when in a hurry to send or receive something.

I don't use the master password, but I suspect it has nothing to do
with your problem. Check that you have the correct information in all
the fields in Edit Account > Basic > Server Settings for each account.
Especially the user name and password.

> I tried unchecking "save for this session" in the password entry
> dialog, but this option just behaves as advertised... I must be
> missing something, maybe an encryption lib?
>
> --
> Phil

Bob Williams
   System:  Linux 5.3.18-lp152.50-default
   Desktop: KDE Frameworks: 5.71.0, Qt: 5.12.7 and Plasma: 5.18.5
   https://useplaintext.email/