[Users] Sound in the Windows version

Ralph suselist at cableone.net
Sun Jan 3 04:14:12 CET 2021

Hello!

In the Window's version (32bit), I am trying to get sound working on
receive of new mail.  I've placed the command in:

Preferences/Receiving/After receiving new mail/Run command

and the command I'm using is:

powershell -WindowStyle Hidden -c (New-Object Media.SoundPlayer
"C:\Users\offic\Documents\mailin.wav").PlaySync();

This works nicely, sound plays correctly, but the "WindowStyle Hidden"
doesn't quite work. Even on a very fast system the screen flickers as
the powershell window starts to open and then instantly closes.

Anyone know Windows and/or powershell well enough to tell me what's
wrong here? (not a Windows person, I'm actually a linux kind of guy)

Or, alternatively, what do YOU use to generate sound in windows CM?

Thanks.  Ralph

fwiw: the mailin.wav is actually "Windows\Media\Windows Unlock.wav"
moved and renamed.  Nice relaxing notification sound :)