[Users] Calendar plugin problems: Password handling, import calendar

Jeremy veloce at nixnet.email
Sat Feb 20 11:51:56 UTC 2021

> > Hello Jeremy,
> > a couple of days before I asked for the vCalendar plugin as well.

Hello again,

Good to know that I am not the only one asking about these things :)

> > Where do you see the support for passwords, please?

A number of the commits on git mention password handling, linked below
to avoid cluttering the email. Unfortunately I really don't have the
time or knowledge to study these to see exactly how the passwords are
handled.

> You use default HTTP URI for basic authentication:
> http(s)://<username>:<password>@foo.bar/[..]

Thanks Michael for clearing this up! Unfortunately, it is still not
working for me, probably because my username and password are full of
reserved characters, such as '.' and '@'. I tried escaping them with
backslashes, and with percent codes (making the @ %40) to no avail, I
got a variety of errors including 'this does not look like a CalDav
URL'.

I also tried to use an external program to get my calendar. A quick
search in the Debian repository yielded Vdirsyncer, which was very
simple to configure and seems to work well. However, I cannot find any
facility to actually import the file it creates (.ics)! Using the add
webcal prompt with the URI 'file://' did not work, neither did
importing it as a mailbox.

I tried pointing Vdirsyncer to the vcalendar directory, but that did
not work either

I am sure I am missing something, could someone please clear either
problem up for me.

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

LINKS: