[Users] FYI: Lua plugin status [was Re: Adding a header to incoming/outgoing mail]

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Tue Feb 9 10:03:38 UTC 2021

On Sun, 7 Feb 2021 09:43:08 +0100 I wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 17:52:42 +0100, Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org>
> wrote:

[ snip ]

> > So, perhaps I overlooked the URL, but, is it published somewhere?
> >

> Not yet, sorry. I am a FreeBSD user, and it was developed as FreeBSD
> port. It is not yet generic enough for various systems with different
> system directories layout. I am currently verifying it still builds
> (there are some unrelated issues when building in clean environment
> due some dependency) and works (when rebuilt just plugin on my work
> station).
>
> What needs some work is mainly patch to configure.ac in order to
> enable Lua plugin build to find necessary bits for Lua build and
> Makefile.am in src/plugins/lua directory, where I have some paths
> hardwired for a moment. Using tons of debug printf's which needs
> cleanup is only minor issue.

[ snip ]
[ Follow-up to my mail ]

I thought I could offer something a bit sooner, but currently I've got
some inspiration from googling and hint from Lua mailing list.

At a moment I am rewriting large portions of Lua interface to make it
much easier to handle. This will take couple of days, as it needs to be
verified and tested, even though result should be basically unchanged.

Also, I have already working configure.ac patch which could be used
basically on any platform, I hope, albeit some hand holding with
arguments to configure is necessary. I did not yet study m4 script
suggested which should make the process more automated.

Resume: expect status message after I am finished on developers mailing
list, but if someone would like to help with testing at a moment, would
like to check how it works and could tolerate somehow not yet mature
state of affairs, I can send sources privately (~ 80 kB unpacked).

Regards,
Milan