[Users] All mail folder filled by outgoing message successive versions

Pierre A. pa.news at free.fr
Tue Feb 2 16:15:14 UTC 2021

I wrote

> I am not sure I understood but I went to Gmail, Settings > Labels, unchecked Show in IMAP for the folder [Gmail]/Drafts.
>
> This seems to solve the problem.
>
> It also removes the (useless) folder [Gmail]/Drafts from Claws Mail.

It is not [Gmail]/Drafts but [Imap]/Drafts, linking to Drafts in Claws Mail (while conversely [Gmail]/Drafts in Claws Mail links to Draft in Gmail).

Unchecking Show in IMAP for the folder [Gmail]/Drafts stops the accumulation of drafts but also stops draft saving altogether, so it is the worst solution.

The two methods proposed by Paul work.  I have updated the FAQ.

Thanks.