[Users] Filter for 'from keith, ken, jack , mary, etc' move to folder

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Feb 2 03:46:16 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 14:30:21 +1100
Keith Bainbridge <ke1thozgroups at gmx.com> wrote:

> G'day folks
>
> Spasmodic user over the years, trying to convert.
>
> I'd like to create a filter that moves mail to/from several people to
> one folder.
>
> Typical example is family members.  Another is the several email
> groups I am in, like this one.
>
> Searching the web has proven fruitless. And I can't see anything in
> help.
>
> Any pointers, please?
>
> --
> Keith Bainbridge

Keith, this would be my method....
(I'm not conversant with all important things like awk and sed)

I'd make a filter for ken
a filter for jack
and a filter for mary

I would not make a filter for keith because "to yourself" wouldn't help

Look in the email summary list. Find an email from mary. Right click
the item in the summary list. Choose create filter rule > By from
set where the email is to go, ALT-A ALT-O a few times and the filter is
created (OK, that's not really right)

For an email list choose "Automatically" after create filter rule.

Liz