[Users] Unable to login to Yahoo Mail Account

Chris Schrauben chrisretusn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 14:09:11 UTC 2021

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 12:57:46 -0500
"Jerry" <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> Sign into your Yahoo account. Then <Account>, <Account Security>
> <Manage Passwords>. Generate a new password for Claws-Mail and be
> sure to name it Claws-Mail, or whatever you feel appropriate. Past
> that new name "exactly as shown" into the password field in
> Claws-Mail and then try to access your mail. That new password is
> only for your MUA, not your regular password to access the account.

Before I try this, just want to be clear on this. I selected Account
Info off, then Account Security, I don't see a Manage Passwords option,
I do see a "Generate app password" option. I am guessing this is what
you are referring to. Clicking on that give me a selection list of
Apps, I choose custom, use Claws-Mail for that, then it will generate a
password for Claws-Mail. Then I use that password in Claws-Mail. Did I
get that correct.

Chris