[Users] Position the current record above the most recent mail record when switching between mail folders

Iván Ruvalcaba mario.i.ruvalcaba at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 12:07:22 UTC 2021

Hello everyone!

Currently I have configured my mail client to sort my list of emails
received by date of arrival in descending order, every time I change
folder or open CM for the first time the application selects and
positions itself in the oldest email in the list, that is to say it
positions itself in the last record which forces me to scroll through
the entire list to see the most recent emails, this is particularly
annoying since I would prefer to do it in the most recent email, ie in
the first record of my list. Is there a way to change this behavior
without having to sort my mail in ascending order? I don't recall that
the current behavior has always been the default since I started using
CM on a regular basis. I have tried to modify the behavior described by
the application but unfortunately I have had no luck, would someone be
so kind to explain me how?

I currently have CM version 3.17.8 installed on Debian testing host (in
case this information is relevant).

Thanks in advance!