[Users] How claws mail treats and deals with new and unread messages?

sylpheed at 911networks.com sylpheed at 911networks.com
Wed Dec 22 22:20:26 CET 2021

On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 22:05:27 +0100
Michael Rasmussen via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

>According to IMAP rfc
>(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc9051#section-6.3.2)
>
>a message can have 2 status flags - RECENT (new), UNSEEN (not read).
>A message with either of these flags is to be considered SEEN (read).
>Google does not support the RECENT flag and therefore merges RECENT
>and UNSEEN to 1 state labeled 'New'. On the other hand Claws-Mail
>honours the IMAP rfc in which case it distinguishes between UNSEEN
>and RECENT so that a message have the correct 3 states - New,
>Unseen, and Read.

My understanding is that Google/gmail doesn't follow the imap
standard.

As far as I know, gmail has only 2 statuses:

* unread
* read

Then there are all kind of other flags like spam, deleted.... but
these are not part of the imap standard.

But I'm lost, at one point the OP was talking about non-gmail mail
then it was about gmail.

--
sknahT

vyS